Building an online Store
2 days (9am - 4pm)
An intensive 2-day course running from 9am until 4pm. The classes are on-site at our premises in Victoria Island or Ipaja, Lagos or accessible online from anywhere.
Those joining online must have good internet connection in order to access the course.
1) Live Online (Google meets): Access details will be sent before the classes commence
2) Video content only: Three-month access to the video content
3) Onsite (Lagos/Ogun):
1 Prince Alade Lane, Off Ajasa Command, Lagos, Nigeria
Location on map
2) Before we start: Every9one MUST have installed on their computer WAMP or XAMP or individually: Apache, MySQL and PHP and must understand how they work. If you don't know how to to this then it is best if you do this course: Introduction to fullstack web/software development
3) Before we start: Ideally everyone should arrive at the course with a basis HTML page that will determine what their online store will look like. If you don't have one we can give you a generic, basic one to work with.
Basic Training: For people who would like to have a good grounding in Internet technologies, web building and/or software development. This course does not involve any examinations or issue any certification.
It is ideal for: Web developers who would like to have specific skills in the areas covered by these courses. These classes are NOT ideal for a beginner.
Click for full course schedule >>
*** Day 1 ****
(2) Developing the store template: preventing repetition, CDSs, libraries etc
(3) Building the database: the registered users
(4) Building the database: the products table
(5) The Product entry form
*** Day 2 ****
(6) Product entry: Dealing with product image uploads
(7) Product page: designing a page to view your uploaded product
(8) Product entry: allowing product amendments (including adding, deleting and changing images)
(9) Basket: Creating the basket with php sessions.
(10) Basket: persisting the basket (for registered users) with the database
(11) Favourites: creating favourites
(12) Transactions and Payment provider integration: payPal, PayStack etc
What to expect from the course:
At the end of the course, all participants should be able to build a fully functional online store with emphasis on the Nigerian market.